Would like to do some Windows Phone Development, but cannot get the emulator started 🙂
Steps so far
- updated VS 2013 with SP 3
- Hyper-V – Having problem with activating it, so working on it…
- CPU should be able to run it. See this blog post.
- Get an error trying to run “Windows Phone Emulator”.
- Update: Arrrgh – now I realise that I need to use a professional windows 8 edition!
- Thanks to my msdn account, I will now try to update…
- 30 minutes later: Yes, it worked 🙂
- I am now able to launch the Windows Phone Emulator 🙂
- Got a “developer license (Store apps)“: http://msdn.microsoft.com/da-DK/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx
- Check bios settings with msinfo32 from command line. If it says Hyper-V Virtulization enabled in firmware “Yes”, then it should be enabled…